Low Carbon Contracts Company (“we”, “us”, “LCCC”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data. Please read this Privacy Notice as it sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes and in accordance with data protection law.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Low Carbon Contracts Company. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
We use Pinpoint, an online software product provided by The Infuse Group Ltd (t/a Pinpoint Software), to assist with our recruitment process. We use Pinpoint to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Pinpoint is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Where you apply for an opportunity posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information, in addition to our other Privacy Notice which is available on our website
Your Personal Information
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information about you:
· Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online application, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method. In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth, qualifications, experience and any information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to us.
· Information about your entitlement to work in the UK in order to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
· We may collect health information regarding whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Details of your visits to our careers website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, the site that referred you to our careers website and the resources that you access.
We may be obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where LCCC seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for it to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment/comply with a regulatory requirement to establish whether or not an individual has committed an unlawful act or been involved in dishonesty or other improper conduct.
We collect and process personal data to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
LCCC will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
Information we collect from other sources
PinPoint provides us with the facility to link the data that you provide to us with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet and have chosen to link to your application. The option to link these public sources, such as LinkedIn or other social media profiles, to your application, is not mandatory.
Uses made of your information
Processing data from job applicants allows LCCC to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job.
We also need to process data to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you.
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for our business.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
· To consider your application in respect of other roles.
· To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
· To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
· To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
· To help Pinpoint improve their services.
Automated decision making / profiling
We may leverage Pinpoint’s technology to help us select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria we have identified. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by our team.
How we store your personal data
LCCC takes the security of your data seriously. We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being lost, used or accessed in any unauthorised way, accidentally destroyed, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to view it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have appropriate procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected personal data breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you and process using Pinpoint’s Services will be transferred to and stored at one of several datacentre locations in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and may be synchronised to one of several datacentre locations in London (United Kingdom) for backup and redundancy purposes.
How long we keep your personal data
We retain all candidate date for a period of 6 months from the time of application, after this period, the data is deleted.
Your personal data may also be deleted earlier in one of the following occurrences:
· Deletion of your personal information by you via the Manage Your Data
· Receipt of a written request from you to us to delete your personal information.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to our processing of this data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
· access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information, that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
· require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
· request the erasure of personal data concerning you, in certain situations
· request access to personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to a third party, in certain situations
· object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
· object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
· object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
· otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please either:
· contact us using our contact details below, ensuring we have enough information to identify you, proving your identity and address and confirming which information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, you can contact our DPO at: DPO@lowcarboncontracts.uk